Client Lifestyle and After Care
Generally, how long eyelash extensions last is dependent on your lifestyle and after care. Factors like weather (extreme coldness, heat or humidity) and the number of times you work out (running, swimming, etc.) will affect duration.
If you want your eyelash extensions to last, there are after care steps and procedures you should adhere to. These guidelines will give you more answers to how long your eyelash extensions will last.
- Avoid wetting your eyelashes for 24 hours after your appointment.
- Avoid saunas (body steaming) for at least two days as well as avoid hot shower streams hitting your eyes.
- Avoid using eyelash curlers and rubbing your eyes excessively.
- If you want to use mascara, apply only on the tips, not the base of your eyelashes; avoid waterproof mascara.
- Avoid using any oil based makeup remover.
- After the first two days, reduce frequent visits to saunas, hot springs, or steam rooms as the heat can weaken adhesive bonds to your eyelash extensions.
- Come in for touch ups after every 3 weeks depending on your eyelash growth cycle. If your natural eyelashes are shorter, you should come in sooner.
- Do not pull on your new eyelash extensions, as this will weaken them or even remove the whole eyelash (including your natural eyelash).
- Maintain normal eye hygiene. It is normal to fall into the temptation of not wanting to clean your eye area since you do not want to wet your eyelashes. However, clean eyes will help extend the life of your eyelash extensions.
The above eyelash extensions after care guidelines are very important if you want to extend the life of your Eyelash Extensions. Discuss with your Lash Stylist your lifestyle and usual activity routines. S/he will then be able to advise you on how often to come in for Lash Fills.